Healthy dinner in 20 minutes? Yes please! Can we agree that broccoli cheese soup is da bomb? Good. You know what else is da bomb? Sneaking veggies and protein without tons of calories into your meal.
Let’s talk about my new favorite sneaky protein for a sec: bone broth.
What is Bone Broth?
Bone broth is made by boiling and then slow cooking the bones of healthy animals with veggies and herbs. This is different from regular chicken broth or bone broth. The slow-cooking process extracts super healthy minerals and collagen from the bone of the animal. It’s also really flavorful.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product through one of the links on my page, I’ll earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. I appreciate your support!
Health Benefits of Bone Broth
Boosts the immune system
Improves digestion and gut health
Bonus: improves hair, skin and nails!
You can make your own bone broth easily in a crock pot with bones from your local butcher and whatever veggies and herbs you have on hand. You can also buy it here.
My favorite alternative to buying or making bone broth is Collagen Powder. It’s a flavorless, odorless white powder that can be added to any liquid. One scoop has 10 grams of protein and those healthy minerals that give you all the same benefits of bone broth. I LOVE it because I can sneak it into my coffee, tea, soups or even water without changing the flavor.
I love being sneaky 🙂
In this recipe, you can use either bone broth or regular broth with collagen powder added for that extra protein and health benefits.
This broccoli cheese soup will satisfy your craving for a creamy comfort food and keep you on track to your goals. I add bone broth or collagen powder as a way to add more protein and health benefits. I didn’t add meat because I like the simplicity of the recipe, but I do think chicken would be a good addition.
- Add cauliflower florets or pieces to a pot with 1 cup water. Bring to a boil and then down to a simmer for 10-12 minutes (depending on how big your cauli pieces are).
- If there’s a significant amount of water in the bottom of the pan, drain it. Let it cool for a few minutes.
- Add to a food processor or blender with about half of the bone broth, butter and S + P. Blend until smooth and creamy. (If using collagen powder, add right to the blender at this point).
- Add the rest of the broth and blend.
- Throw a cup of broccoli into each bowl of soup and garnish with cheddar cheese.
Never miss a post! I send out my new posts + weekly deals and fun finds once a week. Sign up here!