What a good idea lettuce wraps are, right? A yummy mixture of meat, veggies, seasonings and garnishes wrapped up in lettuce…I wish I’d thought of it.
The warm ginger-y flavor of the filling + the CRUNCH you get from the lettuce + the fresh cilantro on top = delightful.
Lettuce wraps are typically an appetizer, but with a side or two I think they can be the main course. I made these when I was doing the Whole30 (no grains, no dairy, no added sugar) so I had them as the main course. Eat as many as you want when they’re this healthy, right? Nom nom nom.
My “sauce boss” aka Travis came up with the dressing for this one. Click here for the recipe. The link is also in the recipe box below.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups chopped baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- ½ cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Lettuce for wraps (I used whole romaine)
- Trav’s Asian Dressing
- Toppings: fresh cilantro, crushed cashews, chives, avocado
- Heat a little coconut oil in a pan. Add the chopped onion, bell pepper and garlic and sautee 5 minutes. Add the ground turkey and cook until browned. Add the rest of the veggies and seasonings and continue to sautee 10 minutes more. Peel apart the lettuce pieces, rinse and dry. Give yourself a hefty scoop for each lettuce piece and serve 2-3 on each plate. Drizzle some dressing on each one and add the toppings of your choice. Crunch away!