Anyone else have a hard time getting a good breakfast in the morning during the week? It seems like there’s never enough time in the morning to cook a good breakfast so I find myself grabbing a bar as I run out the door.
I made this breakfast hash as a meal prep for quick healthy breakfasts you can grab and microwave – no cooking or prepping necessary the day of. If you have a job where you can eat your breakfast hash when you get to work then throw the mason jar in your bag and bring it with you! While I intended this to be a meal prep recipe, it makes a great weekend breakfast too.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product through one of the links on my page, I’ll earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. I appreciate your support!
Sweet Potato + Kale = Super Food Breakfast Hash
Sweet potato makes all the difference in this breakfast hash. Not only does it give a nice flavor and texture, it’s healthier! The fiber and protein of sweet potato keeps you full through the morning. Kale is FULL of vitamins and I love to quickly chop and throw it into these types of dishes for an extra serving of veggies. Plus that dark green is so pretty!
I got about 4 servings out of this, which I put into mason jars and stored in the fridge to grab in the mornings. If you’re on the go, wholly guacamole single serving packs are awesome to add in after you’ve heated it up.
Tip 1: dice the sweet potato into pretty small pieces so they cook faster.
- Saute sweet potato in olive oil over medium high heat for about 7 min stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped kale and saute another 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper
- Turn down the heat to medium. Whisk eggs together and add to the pan, stirring frequently.
- Just before the eggs are fully cooked, take the pan off heat (they will continue to cook another couple minutes) and stir in the cheese.
- Divide into mason jars or serve on plates and garnish with avocado and cilantro. Enjoy!