This one was SO much fun to put together! I love this idea of a bruschetta bar because it lets you get creative. When I think of bruschetta, I think of tomatoes on top of bread, but it is so much more than that! Think Italian. Think cheeses and meats. Think spreads and toppings. It can be whatever you want it to be. I used a large cutting board to lay out all of the spreads, meats and toppings. This is an awesome appetizer for entertaining a group of people. The girls and I thoroughly enjoyed it along with a few glasses of wine!
Isn’t it beautiful?! Below is my recipe for each homemade item of the bar. But I definitely encourage you to get creative and dream up something yourself!
- TOMATO BRUSCHETTA
- 2 cups chopped cherry tomatoes (as small as you can get them)
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- pinch of salt
- A good drizzle of both olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Combine ingredients in a bowl
- WHIPPED FETA & CREAM CHEESE
- ½ package of cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz container of feta cheese
- Combine cheeses in a food processor and blend for a couple minutes, long enough for the cheeses to become almost more fluffy/whipped.
- SAUTEED MUSHROOMS
- 1-2 cups baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Sautee mushrooms in a pan with olive oil. Season with salt and garlic powder. They will shrink down quite a bit so start with more than you think! You can always use fresh garlic in place of garlic powder.
Click here for my recipe for fresh homemade pesto.
Crostini’s and Other Toppings
Choose whatever crostini’s or breads sound good to you. I used Raisin Rosemary Crisps from Trader Joe’s and Garlic crostini’s by Archer Farms. Fresh bread would also be delicious!
Other cheeses (parmesan, asiago, brie, goat)
Artichoke Antipasto Spread (From Trader Joe’s. I would recommend this!)
Prosciutto and Salami
To get fun recipes like this sent to your inbox sign up for my newsletter!